What is CBD oil?
Recently, there has been more and more talk about CBD oil, or cannabis oil by another name. Opinions on its existence may be divided, but the effects of cannabidiol oil have been surprising to say the least, from a positive standpoint. To find out what CBD oil is, we have written this article that explains in detail what this mythical commodity is and what it can accomplish.
Key facts about what CBD oil is
The hemp plant in its wild state
Plant hemp in the wild.
Hemp oil is extracted from the seeds of the Cannabis Sativa plant (also known as hemp). It contains about 100 substances called cannabinoids. The letters CBD stand for cannabidiol and is one of these many substances. CBD oil should not be confused with cannabis classified as a drug with THC, which is mainly used for pleasure. However, this is precisely why the oil has become a controversial product, as people mistakenly associate it with THC, which is the intoxicating substance in cannabis. However, a pure pressed CBD oil is free of this substance, so it is neither illegal nor classified as a drug. The oils sold in European health food stores are extracted from EU-approved industrial hemp, which means you can safely consume them without experiencing any psychoactive effects.
- Revolution Skincare CBD Oil & Spritz Set 30+100mlA CBD-enriched nourishing facial oil and spray set. Nourish your skin with CBD; the super ingredient for your skin. Made from CBD oil, or cannabidiol, an extract from the flowers and leaves of the non-narcotic hemp plant, the CBD oil and spray set moisturizes and nourishes the skin. Ideal for caring for skin prone to redness; soothing sensitive skin and moisturizing dry areas. Vgan No animal testing Find out why we love this skin care set that steals our rescue [here.](https://www.beautybay.com/edited/revolutionskincaresets/)Set contents: CBD Oil A nourishing facial to calm and soothe dry and sensitive skin. CBD Moisturizing Spray A facial spray to nourish skin prone to redness and moisturize dry areas.
- SuperSmart CBD + MelatoninA synergistic supplement combining CBD and melatonin Contains cannabidiol (CBD) , a phytocannabinoid molecule found in hemp. Contains melatonin, a compound that helps reduce the time to fall asleep.
- Arkopharma Chondro-Aid Flash roll-on - 60mlChondro-Aid Flash roll-on contributes to a muscular and articular relaxation before and/or after a physical effort thanks to its application is facilitated by the roll-on format.it improves the feeling of appeasement of the massage, thanks to its ultra complete formula containing: Of CBD, the Cannabidiol, active of the hemp (Cannabis Sativa L.The roll-on format allows an easy and fast massage of the sensitive zones thanks to its broad ball.it is formulated with 89 % starting from ingredients of natural origin and without chemical dyes.made in France.
- Lemon Pharma Aromatic CBD Oil 10% 10mlLemon Pharma Aromatic CBD Oil 10% 10ml is a THC-free cannabidiol oil. It is made from organically grown hemp plants according to decades of tradition.
- GotoGreen Organic Rooibos CBD Infusion ExoticOrganic CBD infusions with flavours from elsewhere. You have selected our Organic CBD Rooibos with exotic flavours and it is an excellent choice. This infusion based on cannabidiol will join the useful to the pleasant. Indeed, its aromas of flowers and exotic fruits (Banana, Papaya, Mango etc ..) will delight your taste buds while providing you with absolute relaxation thanks to its high CBD content. And always in the respect of our values with a certification Organic Agriculture (AB). In addition, Rooibos is caffeine-free. No stimulant, only relaxation. Sit back and enjoy it. A real CBD relaxation, a relaxing infusion, and a fast delivery. Directions: First, bring your water to a boil (80°c is enough to brew Rooibos without altering its properties). One teaspoon of our delicious infusion is enough for one cup. Then let it steep for 10 minutes. Finally, enjoy and relax. Natural hemp flower and organic ingredients. Why choose a light cannabis infusion? They allow you to really relax thanks to the cannabinoids. Indeed, these molecules of the hemp have properties of relaxation, analgesic and anti inflammatory. So you fight against the stress of every day, and you promote your sleep. All this with a natural product of high quality. And as always made in France. If you want more information, we are available by phone or email. Moreover our Green Blog is full of information to enlighten you on the subject. Our priority is indeed to offer you high quality products, with low prices. This way, legal cannabis can be enjoyed by as many people as possible. And your CBD product is not expensive. Ingredients: 90% Rooibos*, Orange peel*, Banana*, Honey*, Papaya*, Mango*, Marigold flower*, Rose petals*, Blueberry flower*, Apricot*, 10% Hemp CBD*. * Ingredient from organic farming. GotoGreen herbal teas have the AB label.
- Hemp leaves CBDNatural 100% hemp leaf tea The hemp (cannabis) domesticated for over 6000 years produces over 100 cannabinoids including Cannabidiol (CBD). Our organic hemp leaves are 100% natural, they are gently harvested for optimal quality. They are air-dried in a traditional way, protected from the light, in order to guarantee you the best taste. This herbal tea is not only appealing in its taste and beneficial effects, but also corresponds to an ideal of an environmentally friendly lifestyle. Our products are 100% LEGAL and comply with European Union regulations, certified with less than 0.2 % THC and subject to strict regular controls. Organic hemp leaf tea (Cannabis Indica) contains CBD, the value naturally varies from plant to plant. Effects The leaves of organic hemp (Cannabis Indica) are organically cultivated, this tea is highly valued for its active ingredient. Contrary to the THC considered as narcotic, the CBD does not cause effects of euphoria, anxiety or addiction. The patients use it to alleviate pains, anxieties, inflammations, as well as many other symptoms. Origin: Holland Strain: Indica Composition: 100% leaves of hemp Cannabis sativa L rich in CBD with as foreseen by the European law less than 0,2 % of THC Packaging: 50 g of whole leaves. To preserve after opening preferably in its bag. Use: Let infuse between 6 to 10 minutes before consuming (a teaspoon of leaf per cup), 1 to 3 cups per day. The hemp leaves can be infused in water or vegetable milk. We recommend adding fat to the infusion such as butter or coconut oil for optimal consumption. Dried CBD cannabis leaves can be consumed at any time of the day for a moment of pleasure and relaxation. The leaves can also be vaped with a vaporizer. To learn more about the benefits of CBD, give your opinion, leave a comment or a testimonial, visit the blog page: CBD bio Product analysis
- CBD Relaxing Oil Bio 30 ml - Bottle 30 mlCBD Organic Relaxing Oil 30 ml is a relaxing oil based on hemp and CBD.CBD, short for Cannabidiol, is one of the many active ingredients naturally present in hemp. It is highly regarded for its relaxing, calming and
- BABOR Doctor Babor PhytoCBCB 24H Cream - day and night creamThis cannabidiol (CBD) facial cream protects the skin barrier and improves the condition of tired and stressed skin. The sustainably extracted tree bark supports the firmness and elasticity of the skin and fights the first signs of skin aging. Directions for use: Apply in the morning and/or evening after cleansing and massage in gently.
The history and origins of cannabidiol oil
Long before CBD oil was commercially available, the hemp plant played a central role in many countries. In Asia, it was known for its healing and pain-relieving properties and was widely used by medical men during surgery and during times of convulsions - or by people who were forced to endure severe pain for one reason or another. Cannabis also became an important aid to the Vikings, who collected plants as they set out to discover the world. Many archaeologists and historians agree that the cannabis plant first appeared in Mongolia and Siberia about 12,000 years ago, but that it quickly spread to neighbouring countries as travelling peoples learned about the plant's properties.
In addition to its healing properties, hemp oil was used for spiritual purposes - to achieve greater awareness and understanding in difficult times of life. In other words, the oil was considered a remedy for the body and soul.
The first extractions of the oil
As for the knowledge of extracting the oil from the seeds, it is quite likely that the Chinese and Mongols were the first to do so, as a large number of tombs containing oil and burnt seeds have been found with the dead - both Asian nobles and simple peasants. The original method of extracting the oil was alcohol extraction, and this is still the preferred process of many manufacturers as it is considered the simplest. However, this method has one drawback: it does not always allow for control of the purity of the oil. Instead, many manufacturers have turned to the more advanced CO2 extraction, which is safer but requires heavier and more complicated equipment. In this case, the good stuff is much easier to preserve.
CBD is not a drug
Cannabidiol is a plant substance extracted from the hemp plant (Cannabis sativa), which is becoming increasingly popular as a preventive medicine.
Why might one suspect that CBD is something prohibited and illegal? Because CBD is one of the active ingredients in cannabis (cannabis is a psychotropic preparation obtained by drying the aerial parts of cannabis, mainly the flowers). In total, marijuana contains about 70 different substances - known or not yet fully understood - but the two most potent are tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) and cannabidiol (CBD).
THC is a psychoactive substance that excites the nervous system and produces a euphoric effect.
CBD has a calming effect on the nervous system, affecting bodily functions such as appetite, pain sensation, mood and sleep, but does not alter consciousness.
In America, the CBD boom began in 2008, when the US Congress passed legislation to legalize CBD in all 50 states and remove it from the list of controlled substances.
Today, manufacturers offer a variety of ways to ingest cannabidiol. The oil can be taken both externally, by absorption through the skin (in the form of patches, soaps, bath bombs or creams), and orally. There are also CBD tablets and gel-vitamins, which can be inhaled with CBD liquid for electronic cigarettes.
According to a report by the World Health Organization, CBD consumption is not addictive and theoretically has no ill effects on the human body.
An alternative to drugs?
CBD has been studied for many health problems, but so far the strongest scientific evidence for its effectiveness has been in the treatment of some of the forms of epilepsy. Studies show that in many cases, CBD has been able to reduce or even stop epileptic seizures.
In 2019, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration approved the first cannabis-derived medicine containing CBD for certain types of epilepsy in children.
People who took 25 mg of CBD each day for a month reported reduced anxiety and restlessness, significantly improved sleep quality, and this effect persisted for several months afterwards. CBD oil may also have potential in the fight against smoking and other serious addictions.
But CBD oil is most often recommended on websites specifically for women, as it can reduce depression, PMS symptoms (such as bloating and menstrual cramps), menopausal symptoms (such as hot flashes), mood swings, and even significantly improve skin health and appearance.
At present, we still lack quality studies that confirm beyond any doubt that all these claims are true.
Also, like all drugs, CBD can have negative effects. Side effects of regular CBD use can include nausea, fatigue and drowsiness, irritability, diarrhea, dry mouth and decreased appetite. CBD may also interact adversely with various medications.
Miracle cure or marketing ploy?
Could CBD really be a miracle cure for various ailments or is it just a successful marketing ploy? Dr. Jordan Tischler, a Harvard Medical School physician who specializes in cannabis research, warns that although CBD is widely used in a variety of ways, its effectiveness has yet to be confirmed by science. Laboratory studies on the health benefits of CBD are inconclusive, so its rapid popularity on social media is so far more the result of aggressive marketing.
It is advisable to be very careful when buying CBD online, as different manufacturers offer different concentrations of the oil, and we have no way of knowing how good the oil is or if it contains other active substances that could cause toxic damage to the body. Regardless, one thing is absolutely clear at this time: the health effects of CBD oil have not yet been fully tested, and by using it, you are taking responsibility for any risks. It should absolutely not be used by people who are taking medication at the same time.
A saviour for painful conditions and cancer
In recent times, CBD oil has been used as an emergency measure for cancer patients and ahead of their radiation treatments. Suffering from cancer is not only synonymous with anxiety and fear of death, but also pain, vomiting and loss of appetite. The oil has proven to be a savior in these difficult cases, reducing vomiting after chemotherapy or other treatments, increasing appetite which, for many, can seem non-existent, and reducing the pain that afflicts patients. As this oil is also an excellent magic fairy when it comes to relieving anxiety, more and more people suffering from cancer and other illnesses are turning to it.
However, the oil is equally effective for migraine sufferers who are hampered in their daily lives by extremely severe headaches. It can therefore be taken by anyone who needs an alternative to conventional painkillers, regardless of the cause of the pain.
Its anti-anxiety properties make it an alternative antidepressant
It is well known that we are becoming increasingly depressed and experiencing anxiety-provoking situations that can have long and painful psychological effects. The number of antidepressant pills prescribed has skyrocketed, leading to side effects. If you want to turn to alternative medicine and try another route to get rid of the dark thoughts, CBD oil is an option.
Use of CBD oil in daily life
Today, many are choosing to use CBD oil as a dietary supplement throughout the day, mainly because of its positive effects such as anxiety and depression relief. Taking CBD oil on a regular basis can help those suffering from anxiety and depression to cope and manage their day better and can even lead to overcoming these symptoms and not experiencing them anymore, slowly but surely.
The way CBD oil works is that the individual feels calmer and more focused, allowing them to navigate and think more clearly throughout the day. CBD oil has also shown positive effects when it comes to insomnia, making it a popular option for people who are unable to sleep for various reasons. If you feel like any of these symptoms are commanding you, CBD oil can certainly be a supplement to consider.
How to ingest CBD oil
There are several ways to ingest the oil to benefit from its properties. The most common is to pour a few drops under the tongue directly from the pipette of the bottle and let it merge with the saliva. For some, however, this method can leave a bitter aftertaste that is not always appreciated. For those who find the bitter taste a little too strong, it is entirely possible to swallow capsules instead. This has the same effect but removes most of the taste sensation. Other methods have emerged as the oil has become more popular.