Budget for an intimate wedding for 20 people
Organizing a wedding is an exciting adventure, but it can quickly turn into a real headache when it comes to the budget. The question of cost is often at the heart of future brides' and grooms' concerns, especially when they have to prepare a reception for a smaller number of guests. How much will a wedding for 20 people cost? In this article, we'll provide you with some answers to help you make the best possible estimate of the expenses associated with this very special day.
Table of Contents
The different elements of a 20-person wedding budget
To determine how much a wedding for 20 people will cost, it's important to take into account the various expenses incurred by the service providers and supplies needed to make this unforgettable day a reality. Here's an overview of the most common budget items:
- rental of the reception venue,
- catering or meals,
- photography and/or videography,
- the bride and groom's outfits,
- music and entertainment (DJs, bands, shows...),
- announcements and other communication media,
- transport and accommodation for guests, if required.
Rental of the reception venue
For a wedding of 20 people, the choice of venue will play a decisive role in estimating the overall cost. Prices can vary according to geographical location, type of venue (château, estate, village hall...) and ancillary services (catering, equipment hire, accommodation...). The average budget for renting a reception venue is between 600 and 3,000 euros, but these figures are given as an indication and may change according to your particular needs and wishes.
Catering or meals
When it comes to meals, there are several options open to you: call in a professional caterer, cook for yourself, or ask friends and family to help create the menu. In all cases, you'll need to take into account the price per person, as well as the different formulas and options on offer (preview dinner, starter-main course-dessert, drinks included...).
Depending on the tastes and expectations of your guests, plan on average for 50 to 100 euros per person to offer a quality wedding meal that will delight their taste buds.
There's no fixed rule for the number of drinks you should plan, but take into account the drinking habits of your guests and the length of your reception. Prepare enough choices and remember to vary the types (wines, beers, cocktails for an average cost of between 25 and 50 euros per guest, depending on the range of beverages chosen and the quantity consumed.
An essential element that will greatly contribute to the ambiance of your intimate wedding, decoration is an expense to be taken very seriously. You can opt for a sober, uncluttered decor, or on the contrary, opt for a more elaborate staging: in all cases, plan on a budget of 500 to 1500 euros to embellish your reception venue with taste.
Don't forget that some service providers offer preferential rates if you entrust them with several assignments (photographer, florist, equipment hire...). Ask them about possible savings.
Other budget items to consider
Even when it's a small-scale wedding, some expenses can't be completely avoided. Here's an overview:
- Photographer and/or videographer: expect to pay between 800 and 2000 euros to immortalize this exceptional day.
- Bride and groom's outfits: depending on your wishes and fashion budget, please allow a minimum of 300 to 1000 euros for everyone.
- Wedding rings: these symbolic pieces of jewelry usually cost around 200 to 1000 euros (or even more, depending on the materials and finishes chosen).
- Music and entertainment: expect to pay between 600 and 1500 euros to hire a competent DJ, or specialized event entertainment providers if necessary.
- Announcements and other communication media: expect an average budget of 100 to 300 eurosdepending on the quality of the paper used and the design chosen.
- Transport and accommodation for guests: this part of the cost is highly variable, taking into account the specific needs of each wedding. As a minimum, we recommend 100 to 500 euros to anticipate all eventualities.
This will give you a clearer idea of the various budget items you'll need to consider when organizing your wedding for 20 people. While it's essential to plan ahead and keep these expenses under control, don't forget that the most important thing is that this day remains above all a moment of happiness and sharing with your loved ones.