Roller quad Fila: the choice of a roller enthusiast
In the world of rollerblading, there's a wide variety of models and brands to suit all tastes and levels of experience. Among the latter, the Italian brand Fila stands out for its roller quads that offer quality and performance. In this article, I'll share my personal experience as a rollerblading enthusiast and user of Fila roller quads. We'll review the technical features of these rollers, their comfort and adaptability, as well as maintenance tips to prolong their lifespan.
Table of Contents
Fila roller quad technical specifications
Fila roller quads are designed to offer an optimal riding experience, thanks to high-quality components and meticulous design. They stand out in particular for :
- Their aluminum turntableThis ensures even pressure distribution along the entire length of the shoe. This ensures optimum energy transfer during skating and enhanced maneuverability.
- PU wheelsThey offer excellent grip and good abrasion resistance. The quad assembly (4 wheels on each skate) guarantees greater stability and control in tight turns and acrobatic tricks.
- A high-performance braking system This is made possible by removable natural rubber brakes that can be adjusted in height and angle to suit the user's preferences. This system offers excellent braking power for stopping quickly and safely.
The comfort and adaptability of Fila roller quads
I chose Fila roller quads for their comfort and adaptability, which enabled me to use them for both leisurely sessions and more intensive training. Here are the main reasons why I was seduced:
An ergonomic, comfortable shoe
Fila roller quads feature a soft, padded shoe with a heel reinforcement to hold it firmly in place while skating. The padded tongue prevents pressure points on the top of the foot, ensuring excellent comfort even after hours of use. The laces and micrometric buckle provide a secure, customizable fit for better foot support.
Rollers to suit every need
One of the great advantages of Fila roller quads is their adaptability to different skating styles. Thanks to the modular plate, wheels and axles can be easily mounted in different configurations:
- In classic modeWith all four wheels aligned for maximum stability and optimal movement control.
- In staggered modewith the front and rear wheels slightly offset, for enhanced manoeuvrability in tight turns and acrobatic tricks.
- In slalom modewith the two middle wheels closer together, enabling easy pivoting and fast lateral movements in slalom courses or speed events.
This adaptability has enabled me to make rapid progress and adapt to different types of terrain and situations without having to change rollers.
Maintenance tips to extend the life of Fila roller quad bikes
To preserve the quality of Fila quad rollers and keep them running smoothly, it's essential to maintain them regularly. Here are a few practical tips to prolong their life:
- Clean your shoes regularlyUse a soft brush and a damp cloth to remove any dust and impurities that may have accumulated during use.
- Inspect wheels and bearingsEspecially after use on rough or dusty surfaces. If necessary, clean the wheels with a damp cloth and dry them thoroughly before refitting the bearings and nuts. Remember also to replace worn wheels to maintain optimum grip and avoid the risk of falls.
- Check the condition of the turntable and brakes at least once a month, making sure they are secure and working properly. Adjust the brakes according to your preferences and replace them when worn, to ensure effective braking in all circumstances.
- Lubricate bearings regularlyIdeally, every 10-15 hours of use, with a specific roller lubricant to reduce friction and extend service life.
By following these tips, Fila roller quads will perform well and remain comfortable for many skating sessions, allowing you to enjoy your passion to the full.