How to plant aromatic plants?
How to plant herbs in a window box?
To avoid stagnant water, place a layer of gravel or clay balls at the bottom of your planter. Fill the pot with potting soil, then moisten the clumps of your herbs and plant them in your pot.
When to plant herbs in a window box?
Perennials such as mint, chives, celery, lemon balm, fennel, or savory can be planted from September to May (excluding frost* or drought periods), and even all year round, if you are there to water them during the summer, the first year.
When to plant herbs?
The simplest is to sow the aromatic seeds as from March, in pot and inside. The month of March is the most indicated because the days lengthen and the luminosity with it, the great winter frosts are passed and it is sometimes possible to place your seedlings outside in a greenhouse or mini greenhouse.
Which herbs to plant together?
Which aromatic plants to plant together?
- Verbena and basil: ...
- Chervil, parsley and evergreen celery: ...
- Chives, coriander and tarragon: ...
- Thyme, rosemary, marjoram and savory: ...
- Lavender and sage : ...
- Tarragon, coriander, basil and parsley: ...
- Thyme, oregano and bay leaf: ...
- Parsley, lemon balm, tarragon and coriander:
Which plant to associate with mint?
Planting Mint Place mint next to other herbs such as thyme, rosemary or sage. These plants will not interfere. On the other hand, plant it away from the chives, which it could invade. Prepare the soil by removing stones and refining the soil, add a handful of compost.
What fine grass to plant together?
Tarragon, sorrel, parsley, chives and cilantro are well planted together, but they should be in a sunny spot with cool soil. Thyme, bay leaves and rosemary can be planted together in sunny soil.
When and how to plant herbs?
3. Plant your herbs
- Sow in the ground, on site: February to May: chives. March to September : chervil, coriander, parsley. April to June : dill, lemon balm...
- Sow in a terrine or in pots, from February to April: basil (delicate sowing to succeed).
Leave a comment